British Columbia Chess Federation
Welcome to the home of the BCCF on the web. Use the links above and to the far left to find a chess club to visit or a chess tournament to play in.
If you'd like to know about events that have concluded, check out the BCCF Bulletin.
The British Columbia Chess Federation is a society whose purposes are:
- to extend and foster interest in chess throughout the Province.
- to assist and co-ordinate the affairs and activities of chess clubs in the Province.
- to assist in the settlement of chess disputes within the Province.
- to promote and support provincial championships.
If you have content you would like posted here, detect any problems with the site, or need to contact the webmaster
for some other reason, please e-mail email@example.com
For non website related matters, please consult the list of BCCF executives on the menu above.
Upcoming Chess Events
See coming events page for full details (links to websites etc.)
- Jack Taylor Memorial, Oct. 14-16, 2022: Sydney. $4000 Guaranteed
- Vancity Rapid 5 (CFC Quick Rated), October 22, 2022: Richmond, BC
- 17th Susan Polgar Foundation National Open for Girls and Boys, Oct. 22-23, 2022, Bellevue Washinton, USA
- Banff Open, Nov. 11-13, 2022: Banff, Alberta
- 2nd Annual Jun Bandong Memorial Online Blitz Tournament, Sat. Dec. 17
- 2023 BC Open, 18-20 February 2023 (Family Day Weekend), Richmond, BC
- 16th Annual Grand Pacific Open, April 7-10, 2023 (Easter), Victoria
Recurring events are listed on the coming events page.
There are also possibly events that dates have been set for but are still in the planning process, also on the coming events page.
Daily Chess Puzzle
- September 29, 2022: Updated comming events, Bulletin 427 added.
- September 27, 2022: Added Fraser Valley Chess Academy
- September 18, 2022: Updates to coming events.
- August 26, 2022; Updates to coming events, added Bulletin 426
- July 30, 2022; Updates to coming events, BCCF executive
- July 26, 2022, Updates to coming events
- July 25, 2022, Added Bulletin 425